Monday, July 14, 2008

To my Daughter

Your little hands, your tiny feet, I still remember when.
Not so long ago.
You started as a part of me; what a surprise that was then.
The sleepless nights I still recall, you needed to be fed.
As tired and weary as I was, I staggered from my bed.

And when you gazed into my eyes, a smile with me you shared,
It touched my heart deep in my soul; no sacrifice was spared.
A year passed by, you grew and grew; a reason for my being.
Your clever wit and loving ways were all that I was seeing.

A mother’s love that binds her child is hard to understand,
For those that never walk that road, or never play that hand.
As for me I know for sure without the slightest doubt.

I’d never change a single thing; you're what my life’s about.


I love you Suri
Love your Mom!

-Author Unkown

2 comments:

Only Girl said...

Kinda crazy how they change your life. And to think you did not want kids. Your great parents. And Suri is a doll. Was not gonna say it but... you gotta have more. No hurry.

g.suzie said...

That poem certainly sums up the feelings you have as a Mom. . . You are a good Mommy to Suri and I second what 'only girl' said!!!NO Hurry, imagine those same feelings times 2 or 3 or 6. . .